Handmade Father's day Gift

18 June


A photo frame which has a secret storage, your dad will definitely love this

I have lots of boxes from nykaa, amazon etc. Online shoppers can relate. People usually throw them but I keep it, in thought of utilizing them someday. Coming back to the secret storage photo frame, this is real easy and can work out if you’re low on budget and time. So, let’s get started.

You’ll need:
  • Old cardboard box 
  • Printed photograph 
  • Paper cutter knife
  • Glue
  • Poster color

Procedure:

  • Mark the center according to the size of picture you have (my picture is 13×13) and cut it out carefully.


  • Next step is to paint it, I’m not going to cover the box with paper in fact I chose to paint it brown to embrace the cardboard's texture to wood. Use colors like- Chrome, brown and black to get desired wooden look.



  • Let it dry completely; meanwhile trim the photograph if there’s a need and prepare small gifts like a hand written scroll or father’s day card, chocolates, key chains, wallet etc. whatever you want to fill inside the box.

  • When it dries out apply glue on the cardboard as shown below and paste the photograph properly.
    My dad will abandon me if he reads this blog. He has no idea this photograph of his is on internet for the whole world to see.



  • These are the things that will be going inside the box. If you’re wondering what these colorful things are, I made small scrolls and every scroll consists of a good habit or things I like about my father. 
(Plus chocolates also which I bought later) 


  • Now fill in all little gifts, and It's complete.






I'm just waiting for my father to come back he's not here, but i'm sure he will definitely empty the box and hide chocolates in it.
I had this idea from a long time just wasn’t sure if it would look that good. What do you think? Let me know in the comments bar below

Share this idea with your friends on social media.
Subscribe to the weekly newsletter and don't miss anything.

Don't forget to catch up next week!

Happy Father's day to all brave and lovely dads


You Might Also Like

0 comments

So what do you think?

Subscribe