Leather Boho Jewellery

26 June



I was exploring with weaving on leather when I somehow created this beautiful pattern and thought of using it in choker jewellery. I think it turned out pretty good.
I didn't buy anything for this tutorial I'm just working with what is available  and I think this is the last of this leather I'm gonna utilise because I have really small pieces left.
Anyway, let's get started.

You'll need:
  • Scrap leather pieces (or rexine)
  • Rubber-based adhesive (or Fevibond)
  • Steel edge scale and Scissors
  • Velcro (small piece)
  • Paper cutter knife
  • Ivory sheet (anything thick sheet)

Procedure:
  • Draw the pattern shown in the image below on ivory of any thick sheet and cut it.

  • With the help of paper-pattern trace it on the leather and cut it out as shown in the image below.

  • You have to cut straight line throughout the pattern, start from the middle so you don’t end up with skewed lines.(Watch the video for reference)
  •  If you notice I’ve marked 7mm space and I’m cutting inside the outlined part to be neat. 

  • Now cross the two attached strips and insert another strip(7mm) as shown in the image below . Start from the middle and complete it until the end.



  • When there's no space left and it becomes too tight to cross the strips weave at the ends (one up one down)
  • Now cut two strips and attach at the ends. Now attach velcro as shown in the image below. (I ran out of Fevibond so I stuck it using fabric glue)

And you have a classy choker, Add a chic and boho look to your outfit.  




Do you like this idea? Share it with your friends on social media. 
Subscribe to the weekly newsletter and don't miss anything!

Your feedback will make me better, Share your thoughts in the comment box below.


Don't forget to catch up next week!
Keep exploring ❤

You Might Also Like

0 comments

So what do you think?

Subscribe